Not all potential customers in need of your product or service are in the same phase of the sales journey. There are those who are simply seeking information, others who are comparing different products and services, and those actively seeking a provider for that particular product or service.
Hence, when it comes to devising your digital marketing strategy or any brand-related campaigns, it’s crucial to recognize that content effective for one group may not resonate with customers at all stages of the sales process.
This principle extends beyond conventional content formats such as blog posts and product pages. Video advertising has revolutionized the way we connect with customers, offering a more impactful avenue to reach them. Consequently, your video marketing strategy should not be tailored exclusively for one segment of the sales process, but rather designed to enhance overall brand awareness.
When executed skillfully, your videos have the potential to engage every phase of the video marketing funnel, enabling you to solidify your brand, drive traffic, and ultimately increase conversions.
What Constitutes a Sales Funnel?
Before delving into why your video marketing strategy should accommodate different user types, it’s essential to grasp the concept of a sales funnel.
A sales funnel delineates the journey a prospective customer undertakes, from initial awareness of your product to the eventual purchase. Throughout the stages of the sales funnel, a potential customer’s perceptions and interactions with your brand, products, and services may vary. This dynamic can significantly influence your approach to engaging with a broader customer base.
At the topmost tier of your sales funnel, you encounter users who have recently become acquainted with your brand while in the process of seeking products or services that fulfill their needs. Naturally, not all of these individuals will proceed to consider your brand, resulting in a gradual reduction in the pool of potential customers as each stage advances. Users can be categorized into the following stages of the sales funnel:
- Awareness: These are the individuals who have become aware of your product or service. This awareness may be sparked by word of mouth, social media exposure, or targeted efforts in your digital marketing strategy. The awareness phase represents the pinnacle of the brand funnel, as many individuals may be aware of your brand, but not all are committed to the purchasing process. They recognize your brand’s existence, but they may be merely browsing, or their interest in your product or service might be limited.
- Interest: Users at this juncture are actively exploring potential solutions for a challenge they’re facing, though they haven’t yet made a commitment to purchase from any specific business. They’re conducting thorough research and evaluating various products or services. At this stage, they’re more inclined towards informative content that aids them in making well-informed decisions, rather than a hard-sell approach.
- Decision: Users at this stage are prepared to make a purchase. They may have narrowed down their options to specific providers, including your business. They’re now assessing what you bring to the table and are eager to discover the distinctive features that set your products and services apart from the competition. This is an opportune moment to employ a more persuasive approach with these users.
- Action: This signifies the final phase, where a user transitions from a prospect to a paying customer, thereby bolstering conversion rates. However, this doesn’t necessarily mark the conclusion of your interaction with that customer. They’ve made an initial purchase, but now the aim is to encourage repeat business, which can be achieved through video action campaigns. Studies indicate that the cost of acquiring a customer from the outset of their buyer’s journey is five times higher than retaining existing customers.
The implication for your brand’s funnel is that when contemplating how to engage a broader customer base through a video marketing funnel, you must tailor your content to address each stage and its unique requirements.
There can be varied content for the distinct stages of the sales funnel. Having content suited to each stage will facilitate a better comprehension of your company and what it offers. It helps build a connection between your business and your market.
Crafting Your Video Marketing Funnel
Individuals in each phase of the brand funnel possess distinct perspectives on your products or services. It is this diversity that necessitates a diverse range of video advertising content that caters to each of these stages. Consequently, your video content creator should be well-versed in the persona you’re targeting and their specific needs.
During this phase, the primary objective is to foster brand awareness and establish your company’s name and brand identity. While there is a possibility of reaching individuals who may not currently be interested in your business, ensuring that your name is known ensures that those who will eventually require your services will remember you.
While this may appear to cast a wide net and expend resources on a general audience, it’s not the case. Among all the stages, Clements contends that awareness is among the most critical.
Showcasing your product or service in an engaging manner will profoundly influence the decision to make a purchase. Being able to envision oneself using a product or service, aspiring to be the person in the video, serves as a driving force for sales.
In this phase, your video content should concentrate on brand campaigns to bolster your image and brand recognition, as well as to ensure that your products and services remain firmly in the minds of users once they commence their search for relevant products and services.
By this juncture, users have identified their challenges and are seeking online solutions. They may not necessarily be in search of an immediate purchase. Instead, they’re seeking information and exploring various potential solutions.
Users at this stage are more inclined towards acquiring information rather than making purchases. This dictates that your videos should be more informative than persuasive. Now is an opportune time to establish yourself as a credible source of information, achieved by producing videos that address their questions in their pursuit of solutions.
At this point, users are actively in the market to make a purchase. If your business is among those they are considering, they’ll be comparing what you offer with the offerings of your competitors. This is the optimal time to adopt a softer sales approach that highlights your unique selling propositions. If you’re contemplating at which stage you can generate content that impacts lead generation, this is the juncture.
This phase of the journey is where you elucidate why your business distinguishes itself from other contenders. Videos showcasing the distinctive features of your products, package deals, product testimonials, and special promotions can entice customers to your business. Executed proficiently, you can elevate conversion rates and gain insights on how to generate leads at this stage.
At this juncture, your users have already made a purchase from your business. Your focus now shifts to cultivating loyalty and ensuring customer retention. Your video content creator or video marketing agency should craft video action campaigns that assist users in transitioning into repeat customers.
What Are the Advantages of Utilizing Video Advertising to Reach Customers?
There exists a multitude of benefits associated with employing a video marketing strategy to cater to customers at various stages of the buying process. With platforms such as YouTube and TikTok experiencing increased popularity, and other platforms facilitating greater accessibility to video content, your business can leverage videos to captivate attention in ways that images and text alone cannot. Some of the advantages highlighted by Clements encompass:
- Timeliness: Videos can function as standalone statements or as ongoing dialogues that unfold over time.
- Reusability: Video content can be repurposed for future campaigns.
- Forming a First Impression: When strategically placed on your website, your video can serve as the initial point of contact for users.
- Heightening Brand Recognition: Forge a personal connection with your brand, fostering trust and acquainting customers through brand campaigns.
- Evergreen Content: Numerous videos can be repurposed for ads and campaigns.
- Trackable Analytics: Leverage video analytics to monitor metrics like views and clicks.
- Setting Yourself Apart: Generate original content that sets your brand apart, a valuable asset in augmenting brand recognition.
- Enhanced Engagement: Offer users an alternative avenue to delve deeper into understanding your products or services.
Leadshouse: Your Dynamic and Innovative Video Marketing Agency
Videos represent a potent form of content for reaching your target audience. However, given the diverse stages of the buying process, content that resonates at one stage may not necessarily be effective at others. By collaborating with an adept video marketing agency well-versed in digital marketing and attuned to each stage of the sales funnel, you can create a collection of original and varied content that captures the audience at every phase of their buying journey.
Let Leadshouse be your ally in crafting memorable content that thrusts your products and services into the spotlight. Connect with us today for a complimentary proposal on our video marketing services.