The focus has shifted from creating the best content to excelling in its promotion. In the vast landscape of the internet, where brands generate an abundance of high-quality content, how do you generate interest in your brand?
Many marketers are now turning to content amplification marketing for brand exposure. While some succeed in conversions, others fall short. In this blog, we explore content amplification and the steps to ensure successful outcomes.
But first, let’s define content amplification and understand its significance.
What is Content Amplification?
Content amplification involves broadening the reach of your content. By utilizing platforms and tools in your digital marketing strategy, you can connect with a wider audience, essentially “amplifying” your content.
This approach encompasses various digital marketing strategies, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), aimed at expanding your reach after content creation. It entails using different types of content to garner more exposure:
- Owned media: Content you have control over, such as your website, email newsletter, and social media pages.
- Paid media: Sponsored content you’ve paid for, like Google and social media ads.
- Earned media: External content you don’t own, such as articles, vlogs, or reviews.
Given the higher level of control, starting with owned and paid media is advisable.
The Significance of Content Amplification Marketing
If you’ve been creating SEO-friendly content for a while, you likely understand that the content marketing landscape can be fierce. Recognizing that top-notch content alone isn’t sufficient, brand awareness becomes crucial. Content amplification puts your brand in the spotlight, even amidst intense online competition.
Digital amplification marketing ensures that people discover your content and brand at the right moment. In a noisy online environment, content amplification marketing is the key to reaching, engaging, and converting your target audience, ultimately yielding desired results after all your content creation endeavors.
Implementing Digital Amplification Marketing (Content Amplification Strategies)
Once more, content amplification encompasses a diverse set of strategies applied post-content creation, some of which you might already be employing. For instance, sharing your blog posts on social media.
Below are several content amplification tactics to consider:
1. Content Creation
To begin, let’s step back and focus on content production. If the quality of your content is not up to par, there’s no material worth amplifying. Attempting to market content that doesn’t resonate with your audience or lacks SEO-friendliness would be in vain.
In your SEO content writing, aim to address various types of user intent:
- Navigational intent: When a user is searching for a specific web page, typically mentioning a brand name in the query.
- Informational intent: When a user is seeking a specific answer, often using phrases like “how,” “what,” “who,” and “when.”
- Commercial intent: When a user is considering options but is ready to make a purchase; frequently using words like “best,” “reviews,” and “near me.”
- Transactional intent: When a user is prepared to purchase a product or service; primarily including terms like “hire,” “download,” and “buy.”
2. Email Marketing
Given that your mailing list comprises highly relevant audiences or your existing customer base, email marketing provides substantial support to your content, often leading to conversions. When sharing a blog post, ensure your call to action (CTA) encourages recipients to “read more,” guiding them to your website.
If you’ve been implementing email marketing for some time, analyze your data to discern what works and what doesn’t. Ask yourself questions such as:
- What tone in the subject line garnered the fewest clicks?
- Which theme or design garnered the most clicks?
- What types of blogs garnered the fewest and most clicks?
3. Social Media Marketing
If your primary aim is brand awareness, social media platforms offer numerous native digital content amplification tools. From straightforward posting features to engagement reports, they all contribute to boosting your content’s reach.
Identify the content that attracted new followers across your network. Similarly, determine which social media channels bring the most traffic to your website. In your digital marketing strategy, consider the following:
- Repurpose top-performing blogs into videos or infographics and share them on your social media channels.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and presence across all your channels; consistency fosters trustworthiness.
4. Influencer Marketing
Brands utilize influencer marketing strategies to promote their products or services. This involves receiving endorsements or recommendations from content creators and online influencers. Influencers can be found on various platforms, including blogs and social media. Additionally, other creators like podcast hosts can also be considered.
While influencer marketing initially contributed to brand awareness, it has evolved into a significant revenue and conversion stream today. When implementing content amplification strategies, consider the three Rs of influence:
- Relevance – How pertinent are they to your industry?
- Reach – How large is their follower base?
- Resonance – Do they have an engaged audience?
5. Paid Advertising
In the digital landscape, particularly for brands in competitive industries, paid advertising is often necessary for immediate content delivery to your audience.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, or paid search, for example, involves bidding on keywords to secure a top position on search engine results pages (SERPs). Through this, you can promote various elements, including:
- Blog posts
- Product pages
- Service pages
Content Amplification Platforms
Here are some platforms to explore for content amplification:
- Medium: An excellent starting point if you don’t have your own website. Medium’s users rely heavily on categories to discover content.
- Reddit: A platform for sharing links and content. Post snippets with a link to direct users to your website.
- Google Ads: Invest in search campaigns to target users actively searching for your content or offerings.
Bonus Tips for Amplifying Your Content
- Embed social share buttons to facilitate easy sharing.
- Seek input from experts to add depth to your content.
- Tag relevant personalities on social media to broaden your reach.
- Engage with niche online communities to add value to your content.
- Consider professional SEO content writing services for expertly crafted content.
If you want to achieve remarkable results for your brand, consider enlisting the services of experts like Leadshouse. Their approach led to a substantial increase in key performance metrics for a commercial contracting firm.
Visit our website today and capture your audience effectively!