In the realm of curated feeds showcasing flawless snapshots, an increasing number of local businesses are seeking to establish their presence on Instagram. This move is well-founded, as per Facebook data, revealing that a whopping 92% of users take immediate action—be it purchasing, liking, sharing, or following—after encountering something on Instagram.
Given the platform’s growing saturation, we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to assist you in elevating your business through Instagram.
How to Effectively Promote Your Business on Instagram
1. Amplify Your Social Media Content Production
Instagram, once confined to square photos, now accommodates various formats like images, videos, reels, and live streams. For local businesses, this offers a range of content production options:
- Showcasing products
- Behind-the-scenes glimpses
- Event announcements and visuals
- Q&A sessions
- Inspirational quotes
- Employee Spotlights
- Celebrating business milestones
- User-generated content (UGC)
2. Optimize Your Instagram Bio for Business Inquiries
Your Instagram bio serves as the gateway to your profile. With a 150-character limit, it’s the ideal spot to convey your brand’s essence. It’s also the only space where a clickable link can be added. A compelling bio can pique curiosity and potentially convert visitors into customers.
Burt’s Bees has effectively maximized their Instagram bio, featuring key selling points and a link to their website for seamless shopping.
3. Evaluate Your Instagram Follower Growth
Insights into your follower growth are invaluable for refining your business promotion strategy. For instance, if a surge in new followers follows a behind-the-scenes reel, it might be worth doubling down on that type of content. Utilize Instagram Insights to glean insights into your account’s performance and audience.
Access to insights requires a business or creator account.
4. Experiment with Hashtags to Broaden Your Instagram Reach
Hashtags are akin to keywords, aiding in discoverability. To expand your business’s reach, prioritize local hashtags—location-specific keywords. For example, if you run a coffee shop in San Francisco, consider using #CoffeeShopBayArea. While #coffee has broader reach, locality-specific tags increase the likelihood of connecting with potential customers.
Rebuild Foundation effectively employs relevant trends and events with hashtags like #WorldBookDay.*
5. Collaborate with Creators for Instagram Branded Content
Branded content encompasses any content featuring or inspired by a business partner, exchanged for value. This can involve monetary compensation or free products/services. Proper tagging of business partners is mandatory.
Branded content ads are 25% more effective when the brand and creator are a perfect fit.
6. Invest in Branded Content Instagram Ads
Instagram creators have the option to allow business partners to promote their products. This collaboration allows creators to grant permission for their content to be turned into an ad. Additionally, creators can create branded content ads that won’t appear on their profiles. These ads can be managed through Meta Ads Manager.
Benefits of branded content Instagram ads per Instagram:
- Creators maintain control over their content.
- Access to both organic and paid insights.
- Expanded reach.
Meaningful partnerships are crucial for the effectiveness of branded content ads.
7. Determine Optimal Times for Posting Your Instagram Content
While we encourage ramping up content production, it’s important not to flood your feed mindlessly. Identifying the best times for posting ensures that each piece of content reaches its maximum potential. For example, if you run a local restaurant, refer to a guide like the one provided by Sprout Social.
Industry standards serve as guidelines, but unique approaches can yield exceptional results.
8. Cross-Post to Boost Instagram Engagement and Brand Awareness
Your captivating content and clever captions should be shared across multiple social media channels. This not only enhances engagement on Instagram but also spreads brand awareness.
- Select content judiciously for cross-promotion to avoid viewer fatigue.
- Recognize that not all Instagram best practices apply universally; each platform has its distinct dynamics.
9. Adhere to Instagram Best Practices for Businesses
Instagram is a dynamic platform, frequently introducing new features. For businesses, this means adapting strategies to stay relevant. However, certain foundational techniques remain crucial:
- Set clear goals (e.g., engagement, sales, brand awareness).
- Strategically time your content sharing.
- Maintain brand consistency across all platforms.
- Leverage Instagram Shopping for eCommerce.
- Capitalize on the popularity of Reels.
- Feature User-Generated Content (UGC).
- Consider collaborating with an Instagram marketing agency for expertise and influencer connections.
10. Consider Professional Instagram Management Services
Running a business can be demanding, leaving little time for Instagram management. Engaging experts like Leadshouse’s Instagram marketing agency can be a wise move. According to Meta, 70% of shoppers turn to Instagram for their next purchase. If you’re ready to harness this potential, reach out to specialists.
By following these steps and leveraging the power of Instagram, local businesses can significantly enhance their online presence and engage a broader audience. Remember, the key lies not only in consistent efforts but also in strategic, well-informed actions tailored to your unique brand and audience.